Monday, October 11, 2010

3rd Time's a Charm


I'm one of those people that has to make several mistakes before getting it right.

Trial and error.

I made these tiered topiaries over a year ago...

...but I thought the milk glass bases would be better suited in my living room remodel. The moss was mostly ripped off from my daughter, anyways.

So I turned them to this:


I hated them the second I made them.

1. The flowers mimic a small cala lily, which is NOT great for topiaries.
2. The store didn't have as many flowers as I needed, so there was a big bald spot in the back, which could be viewed from outside. Not pretty.


So after whining about it to my husband for a few months, I spotted the perfect shade of faux hydrangeas.







It's finally perfect.

I will leave those milk glass vases alone now.


That's one less thing in the house that is on my "eventually" list.





I know I have been quite an absent blogger lately. I do have a nice line-up for you, I've just been having problems trying to find time to blog. It seems that I'm taking a class exam every few days.

Here's a peek at what I have in store for you:

-Fall/Halloween decor projects to do with your kids
-a few hints to an awesome project that I'm making my husband for Christmas. If you like to rock, you'll want to stick around for the tutorial!
-a Fall mantle
-progress reports on my stairs (got about 35% of the glue off)
-randoms that I will drop in. I.E recipes, Halloween pics, our trip to see WWE, etc.


1 comment:

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails