Thursday, July 9, 2009

Update on Patio, Cottage Decor


Alright, I promised an update pic of the patio. It's a bit blurry, but whatever. You get the idea. I still need a bit more concrete, but it probably won't happen until the weekend. There will eventually be grass in between the cracks, but I can't seed it until I install all the blocks and pack the dirt. So it will be a while before it's looking really nice.








Since an update on my patio is a little boring, I thought I would spice up today's post with an idea. Here's a story:


My husband had to go to his camp to clear out some old metal things to bring to the recycling center. There happen to be an old broken wheelbarrow in the mix. He wheeled it to the side of my garage and it has since never moved. It ended up being one of my favorite yard decorations.




So I need to remind everyone: cottage style is about what you make, or what you find. It mostly involves things that other people would throw away, or plants that you split from a friend/neighbor's garden. Take a look up at your own cabin and see what you can salvage, or even head to the dumps. You would be amazed at what you can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails