Thursday, July 16, 2009

Broccoli Cauliflower Salad

I used to purchase this salad from the deli every week for 5.99/lb, which is ridiculously high priced. I went to my cousin's grad party, where my former aunt had made this salad. I'm in LOVE. She gave me the recipe, yay! It's by far my favorite salad, to the point that I get really annoyed it the grocer's deli didn't make it.

Aunt Sheila's:Broccoli Cauliflower Salad recipe
-------------------------------------------------------
1 head cauliflower (break into small bite-sized pieces)
2-3 large bunches broccoli (break into small bite-sized pieces)
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz. fried and crumbled bacon

Dressing
-----------
2 cups Mayo
1 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons vinegar

Mix dressing then pour over salad and mix well. Refrigerate and enjoy!


I made this, and LOVED it. I did add a bit more vinegar though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails