Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weigh ins

I've come up with this brilliant idea today: at the end of any of my posts, I'm going to post what I'm weighing in as. A bit odd, eh?
Let me explain: I've never had a problem with weight. My whole life I was skinny. For a long time I even had chiseled abs without ever working out. It was great!
I gained 70 pounds (I know, ick!) with my son. But only 3 months after he was born, I dropped all 70 pounds without even thinking of a diet.
Slowly thereafter my metabolism started slowing. It seemed like every month I gained 5 pounds. Once I hit 175 lbs. I knew I had to do something. So I started working out. I got down to 168 fairly easily, but then I got pregnant again! So much for dieting and excersizing!
I gained 22 pounds with my daughter. After she was born I begun a gym membership. I got down to 169, but then the membership expired and I started gaining again.
I have no motivation to work out. I like working hard, but cardio really isn't my thing. I used to be an excellent runner, but for the past 10 years I've been thinking "What's the point of running if you've got nowhere to go?"
So today I realized something: My husband knows my weight, but he will love me no matter what. He will never critisize me over my weight. Neither will any of my loved ones. So I decided the only way I will want to improve myself is if my weight is out there for everyone to see. I AM embarrassed of my weight, and I've decided that the only way to not embarrass myself is to lose the weight.
I HAVE lost a few pounds since I started going to school again. It seems that with all the studying I'm doing in my accelerated classes, plus actually being in class, and running my boys to their practices and games (one kid is in two different baseball leagues alone!) and trying to finish my yard projects before anyone loses interest in my blog, I just don't seem to have time to just stuff my face full of food!

Weigh-in----173.0 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails