Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cornbread

I got this recipe from my Aunt Shelley, and it sounds so delicious. I haven't made it yet since I've been gone to school every night this week, but I assure you that I will be making it tomorrow night! Credit to this recipe goes to an old co-worker of my aunt's.


Miss Ella's Cornbread
----------------------------
"Got this from a little old Black lady I use to work with. Your Aunt Renee LOVED it and so does everyone else I make it for. It's a good way to get the kids to eats some green veggies."

1 Package Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix
1 small onion chopped
1 box chopped broccoli thawed and drained (I've never seen a box of broccoli, but I'm guessing you can just use the bagged stuff)
1 8 oz. package Cream Cheese
1 stick butter
4 eggs

Place butter and cream cheese in a bowl and microwave until butter is melted and cream cheese is very soft (use 50% power)
Mix all ingredients together, spray Pam on baking dish and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

172.0 lbs. (Busted my butt for that pound!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails