Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Squirrel Feeder, Patio


Another how-to today! This one is great if you have a lot of spare wood from previous projects.



Squirrel Feeder
---------------------
1x4 wood
stain
3" screws
1 1/2" screws
screwdriver
squirrel corn

1. cut your wood so that you have 1 big piece (a little less than a foot should do)
2. Cut another small piece (around 4-5 inches)
3. Screw the pieces together so that they are perpendicular to each other, but place the small piece of little further down on the big piece. You will probably want to drill pilot holes first. Use the 1 1/2 inch screws.
4. Screw a 3" screw in the middle of the small piece facing upwards. Yes, it should be sticking way out of the wood. This is where you will mount your corn.
5. You can either hang it just like that, or stain and poly coat it for durability.
6. Screw it into a tree with 3" screws.
7. Place the corn on the screw. I used the new compact-type corn. A little more expensive, but lasts MUCH longer.

Though it seems like a lot, this whole project should only take 10 minutes or less, unless you are staining it. It will help keep the squirrels out of your bird feeders, and with how easy (and FREE if you already have the spare parts, which most people do), you can make tons of them!



On another note: I've been working tirelessly on my new patio. Here are some progress pictures. So no, I'm not forgetting about all my yard project how-to's, but I'm consumed by this project.


There will be a how-to on a recycled concrete patio soon!

1st day of project-----




2nd day of project-----------


I've been super-busy every day, more than usual. I have two accelerated classes at a school an hour from where I live, so I'm commuting all the time (not to even MENTION the homework =P), I am still working at Younkers, I've been working on this patio. 1 child is in two leagues of baseball, and my younger is in 1. With all the practices and games, those two are keeping me busy. I'm remodeling my bathroom, and I'm ALWAYS working on the gardens. My head is spinning.

173.2 lbs (Aunt Flo and I feel like an overstuffed couch)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails