Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spinach Spread, To-Do

Nothing's quite like sipping cocoa to relax you on a stressful day. Especially when it's got giant marshmallows floating around and you're sharing the moment with one of your kids. Ahhh...bliss.
Anyways, do you want to read WHY I am so stressed?
1. Got up early to go get my van fixed by my favorite mechanic (my step dad). He should open up his own shop. Pure car genius.
2. Signed up for classes for my nusing degree. Then realizing that I will be commuting an hour and back for 4 days out of the week. blah....
3. Had to wait for nearly 3 hours as the piano guy reassembled our piano. Now it sounds lovely and is perfect working order! Yay!
4. Sat down for an hour long piano lesson. I'm coming along quite well. Too bad my hands cramp so badly....
5. Sat and sifted through old taxes to figure out my financial aid form until I was nearly in tears.
6. Varnished the windchime my son painted for me. Pics soon!
7. Made a few more luminaries to stick around the porch and deck. HOW-TO to be posted!
8. Made a yummy spinach and artichoke spread, realizing I made too much, so posted a "anyone want?" ad on Facebook.

Still to do---finish the luminaries (which consists of me heading to Walmart again), hang John's windchime, make supper, make cute paper mache fridge magnets---HOW-TO to be posted soon.

Sound like fun? Anyways, here's the recipe for the spread:

Spinach & Artichoke Spread
----------------------------
This is a warm spread. I also made a cold dip, but maybe I'll post that some other day. Anyways, this can be made with a crock pot or oven. Use the crock if you're doing this for a party. It won't go cold on your guests. But I will be showing you the oven version.
1 can artichoke hearts, and drain in VERY well!
1 can spinach, also drained very well. You can also used frozen bagged stuff, just thaw it out.
2 large garlic cloves (I just used a bunch of garlic powder b/c all my garlic has gone bad)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo (I use Miracle Whip b/c I want it tangy)
3/4 cup parmesan cheese

1. Preheat your oven to 375
2. Shove the artichokes, spinach, and garlic into a food processor. Thick or thin is up to you.
3. Dump the mixture into an oven safe cassarole dish. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add a bit more parmesan cheese if you want it cheesier. I do =)
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. If it's not thick enough, you could leave it in a bit longer, just make sure you stir it so you don't have burned spinach on your dish
5. Spread it over a specialty bread, or dip bagels/crackers in it. Yummy!
****This yields A LOT of spread, so you should can it or ask anyone if they would like any****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails