Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Greetings from the Living Room!

Yesterday was very productive.

We moved all the furniture out of the room.

Then my husband and my son did a little dance on the barren floor...


Then they started doing John Cena's "You Can't See Me."

 Then Will got home from practice, and John was still doing the "You Can't See Me."

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should watch more wrestling!

;)


Anyways, we tore everything out, pulled out all the tack strips, pulled up all the staples, and laid our underlayment.

This is as far as we got.
At 9:15 last night, when I was dragging the flooring in, I realized that I forgot to buy spacers.
Menards was closed.
Darnit!
So even though we could have easily knocked out most of this floor last night, it didn't get done.

Menards doesn't open again for another 15 minutes, so I'm just popping in to give you an update while I'm going crazy patiently waiting for the store to open.


"How long does it take you to paint a room?" -Hubs
"Depends on the room size" - Me
"What about a room like this size (the living room)?" -Hubs
"Mmmm...about a day, more if the trim is painted." -Me
"Alright then! You might as well paint the room since all the furniture's out already!" -Hubs
"Wait...what?!"- Me


Little does my husband know that since I'm the one that has to paint the room, I also get complete control over colors and whatnot!

White board and batten 5-6 feet high.
That's my decision!
He hates white anything, and I love it.



If you're not into whites either, check out A Country Farmhouse.

You'll change your mind!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so with ya, Brittany! Doing board and batten in thee ole craft room (5 feet high!) right.now. (well not RIGHT now since I'm leaving you a comment, but you know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Board and Batten makes my heart happy!!! I want to install it in both of our bathrooms! Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails