Friday, July 30, 2010

Cafe-Style Shutters

Pinching pennies, lately, has been hard for me.
I don't mind not shopping. That doesn't bug me at all.

It's the lack of having a project to work on that is driving me bonkers.

After a few days of moping around the house, I realized that I have a basement full of "eventually" projects.

I would go thrifting, love something, buy it, but never do anything with it.
I have tons of these "eventually" projects down there.


A long time ago, I bought three boxes of shutters at Goodwill.
I can't even remember what I paid.....but it was probably ridiculously cheap if I bought three boxes.

;)


I wanted to make sure they fit my daughter's windows right away, so I put them up right away.

I do have primer and paint, but I've hand-painted shutters before, and it's no picnic.
So I'm just going to wait until I can afford some spray stuff.

(Yes, I'm that broke right now.)

It's going to be white, just like the rest of the trim in her room.
Wouldn't that look great with her shutter headboard that I made her a year ago?


I'll post pictures as soon as I get it done!

Stay tuned for more "eventually" projects that I unearth, recipes, and hopefully news about my life getting back on track, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails