Monday, May 31, 2010

May Reflection

Wow, who could believe that May went by that fast?!
I had SO MUCH stuff planned for this month, but I've barely done any of it!


1. Fix up the playhouse.
I need to get it painted, install carpet, and add curtains this month!
















The only thing I have done was buy the remaining trim.


2. Buy new outdoor lights.
I like these ones from Lowes, but I can't make up my mind on which ones would look best on the house!





Priced at $49.00
















Priced at $49.98

















Priced at $24.98












Priced at $19.98











Which one would you put on this house?
Please help me decide!





























I was thinking maybe the $24.98 one. I like that it's a bit bigger. Since the light wires are on the tops of the doors, I think I need something to cast a downward light. And since I only can have one fixture per door, I think it should be the bigger one.
What do you think?

After enough reader responses, I decided to go with the $24.98 ones. I haven't even thought of purchasing them yet. But at least they are picked out, right?

3. Get A's in my two Psych classes.
I dipped down to a B in one of them, but I'm determined to get it up!
Score! I got this one done! Straight A's for this past semester! I'm overwhelmingly proud of myself.

4. Paint the entryway.
Here's what the green should have been will be!



















This is what I got.













Wow! Seriously?! Quite the difference, right? That's okay, we'll just redo it. No problem!
Nope, didn't even buy the paint.


5. Install my new flooring!
My carpet gets shampood at least once a week, and it still looks like this.














I'm soooo sick of it! This carpet just attracts dirt, even if I scotch guard it after shampooing it. So it's getting the same laminate flooring that's in my kitchen. I was coveting the bamboo, but it's more than double the price, and I have a huge living room. That wasn't in my budget!
It's sitting in the back of my vehicle, just waiting to be put in!
Done, done, done! This is the main reason that I didn't get much else done this month. This project snowballed into something epic.
It started out by replacing the flooring.
But with new flooring, and everything out of the room, might as well paint the walls.
But with new wall paint, I might as well add the board and batten trim I've been dying for!
But since I was adding wall trim, I should do my built-ins right away.

It turned into a full-on remodel!
The bookcases will be done by tonight!

6. Begin erecting our fence!
I'm ridiculously excited about this one! We've been wanting to build a fence since we bought our house, and it's finally going to happen! I just sent in the money for a land survery, then I'm off to get my permit!
It's going to be 6' planks around the backyard, but the front yard is going to get a low picket fence with a gate. I can't wait to start the flower beds around my picket fence!
We at least got the survey done. It's been done for a while. I haven't had much time to get the permit though. I just hate going to City Hall....lol

7. Begin getting my craft room ready.
We are getting rid of all of our basement furniture during our city's spring cleanup!
I REALLY wanted to clean out my basement room, but it ended up being the temporary dump place while I get my built-in bookshelves done. So it can't be done until I get these shelves done.

8. Trim out the rest of the kitchen cabinets.
I have all the trim already, I just need to force myself to get it done!


Ugh, no! However, I did buy the trim for it. Now if I can just get them cut...


9. Transplant as many lilac bushes as possible!
My neighbor gave me free reign to split and take all of his overgrown lilac bushes! It's a big mass, but I know that once I split them, they will flourish! I'm literally going to have 20 lilac bushes in my yard...lol! It's my favorite flower! I couldn't be happier!
This is all overgrown lilacs:
















Haha, nope. See what I was saying about barely getting anything done?
I'm hoping to get some planted soon, though. They are done flowering, so this is a great time to transplant.

10. Build my circle bench.
The lumber shouldn't cost me that much. I'll definately show you when it's done!


Shoot, I forgot this one was even on my list. And honestly, it would only take me 2-ish hours to build. No excuse...


11. Buy some supplies to get my island transformation done.
Lol, yeah...like this is acutally going to happen...It's just wishful thinking!















Nope, didn't even buy supplies. Okay, ya know what? This one probably won't be done this year. I'm trying to be honest with myself. The painting has to be done in the summer. I'm building a fence this summer. There's no way that I will have the time/funding to get this done.
But it's on my "eventually" list.
Come back tomorrow for my June To-Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails