Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cutest Dog Leash Hook!

Before I made my new mail center, I had a place for my dog's leashes.
It wasn't a great place, but it worked.


And I love my new mail center!

But I lost a place to put my dog's leashes.
I thought about adding a hook right here, but as you can see, that small wall would get pretty cluttered.


Then it dawned on me....
Why would I put the dog's leashes in the kitchen when I have a mudroom?
Wouldn't that be the best spot for it??

So I got a cheap wood plaque from Walmart and painted it white.


I screwed that into the wall using 2" screws.

Sorry for the blurry picture!
Anyways, I found this cute hardware at Menards. It was $3.99, which is a bit steep for a hook, but I loved it. Plus, the total only really came to $5 for the project, so I wasn't really that upset.

Cute hook, right?

I love how it turned out!


This is part of a recent mudroom redo that I've been undertaking.

This is the....3rd?....time that I've redone the mudroom since we bought the house 4 years ago. Haha!

The last time I redid it, a person at Walmart mixed my neon pastel paint wrong. Since I came home with a funky color, I just decided to go with it and make a modern mudroom.
I never loved it. I sorta liked it.
I even got compliments from it.

I'll show you the color of what the paint was supposed to be soon!
You'll get a charge out of the Walmart employee's mistake!

(Oh, and I'm determined to get the color right this time!)




Coming up:
-a vintage, more functional message system!
-playhouse progress



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails