This has to be in my top 5 best projects to do with my kids!
I saw this in a parenting magazine, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
-pkg of tea cloths (flour sack cloths)
- acrylic paint (in colors matching whatever fruits/veggies you want)
-assorted fruits and veggies (make sure it's hard ones! I.E. oranges are probably a no-go)
-something to protect your surface
1. Iron out your cloth.
(I got mine at Younkers)
2. Lay it out on a protected surface.
3. Cut your fruit/veggie exactly in half.
4. Dip the flat side of the fruit/veggie into a paint color that matches (apples=red or green)
5. Stamp the fruit/veggie onto your cloth.
6. Stencil the name of your fruit/veggie somewhere near the stamps.
7. Let it dry.
8. Repeat with other fruits/veggies.
Enjoy your new tea cloths! These cloths are my grandma's favorite. They are super-big. Perfect for throwing over your shoulder as you dry dishes while watching your children play in the backyard (sigh....)
I've got a few other neat projects that I'm doing, but I'm terribly busy for the next 3 days, but I'll try to get them done!