Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Reupholstered Dining Room Chairs

My dining room chairs are getting quite old.
My mom reupholstered them about 15 years ago.
See the cracks?
I loved having the leather on there. It made for easy cleanup with my messy kids.
Walmart doesn't have white leather/faux leather.

(I acutally love the fact that the cushions ended up being the same color as my walls, but I really wanted to bring more white into the room)

So I purchased cheap/durable duck cloth to cover them. If I end up loving the white, you're darn tootin' I will head to the nearest Joanne's to get some white leather!

(Sorry about the pic quality. Nighttime shots are a pain!)


5 more chairs later, we have...



On a seperate note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my brother, John!
1/4 century old today ;)







3 comments:

  1. The chairs look great! You have inspired me to think about changing out some of my chair seats. Hey stop by to enter my 6 dessert plate giveaway.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out nice. I like how you combined the traditional table with contemporary elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. Stopping by from DIY Day @ A Soft Place to Land. I love your chair re-do. The timber frame really pops against the cool white of the new covers. I'd love if you had time to check out my cabinet makeover too and let me know what you think.
    Kristine
    http://thepaintedhive.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails