Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 29: Maintain a Healthy BMI


Maintaining a healthy BMI reduces the risk for so many problems.
Just to name a few:
-Type 2 Diabetes
-Coronary Heart Disease
-Certain types of Cancers (breast, colon...)
-Hypertension
-Stroke
-Liver Disease
-Gall Bladder Disease
-Sleep Apnea


Being overweight is classified as having a BMI of 25% or more.
Are you overweight? Use this calculator to find out.



If you are a serious athlete, though, your measurements may be skewed from this chart. Muscle weighs more than fat, so a healthy body builder can have the same BMI as an overweight person.



Ever since I started having kids, I've been battling my weight.
Before kids, I could take down an entire pizza by myself and still maintain a great body. I used to love my body.
Now I just want to be healthy again. I know my health risks. I want to still be alive to see great (maybe great great?) grandchildren.

So I've been plugging away, day by day, getting back to a normal BMI.
I'm happy to report that I'm not that far away!






Don't forget to leave me comments for the final push to the end of this giveaway! It ends at midnight tomorrow! The winner will be announced on April Fool's Day!




And yes, I'm still a day behind. Haha, I just seem to never be able to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails