Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Focal Point Wall

When I chronicled the 31 Days to a Better Dressed Nest, I showed you my living room wall. Though all the photos above my window was definitely a focal point, it seemed way too large for the space. Not to mention that it really didn't go with the decor of the rest the room.

See what I mean?
Then I got these awesome huge pictures/framed from Younkers on Yellow Dot for only $3.74 each. So I put those up above my lamps, taking down those dinky little candle sconces.

Then there were just too many frames there, lol.

So I took down my huge (16x20?) wedding photo and traded it with this fun scroll thing that was above my entertainment center. Better...
Still too many photos (not to mention that one photo was two dogs in it. I only have 1 now...)

Yup, take the rest down.

So with those gone, I put those dinky sconces by the scroll.



And I was done!

Before:
After:

Those sconces are getting an oil rubbed bronze treatment soon, and I have a fun idea for dressing up the candles. And I think I am going to space them a little further apart (I just used the nails that were there from the frames.) But I like it much better this way.

Oh, and as soon as I give my mom the window dimensions, she's bringing over some classy drapes. Yay! I can't wait to get rid of these ugly lace things. It came with the house, don't tease me!


But what happened to all those cool photos of the fam?!
It's all part of a fun project that I will show you tomorrow.
Stick around for it, you don't want to miss it if you have kids!!


Check out The Shabby Chic Cottage for the Trasformation Thursday for some fun ideas for your own home!



1 comment:

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails