Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Growth Chart

Here's a cute little idea if you have kids:
You know how people mark their children's heights onto door frames?
<----Isn't this cool? It isn't aesthetically pleasing to the eye (terrible yellow!), but it gives the room a quirkiness that I will love and cherish as I watch my children grow, my grandchildren grow, and hopefully my great grandchildren.
Growth Chart
----------------
This can be done on any straight surface. Doorways and walls are your best bet.
  • Glue
  • tape
  • flexible tape measure (find in the sewing section) ***You will probably buy the 10' one, and you will need to cut it down to the size of the surface.
  1. Put a dab of glue on the backside of the tape measure, placing it at the bottom of the doorway with inch #1 at the bottom.
  2. Keep running glue on the backside of the tape measure, going up the doorway, while placing tape at intervals to keep the tape measure secured to the wall while the glue dries.
  3. Let dry for designated glue time.
  4. Start marking the kids' heights!
I have a some how-to's (lattice door, roll pillow, pocket pillow), some home-improvements (garden birdhouse, closet hardware, new mailbox redo, more faux muntin windows and doors, and new curtains). It's going to be a busy week, but luckily I will be doing Challenge #1 on Sunday, so I'm not worried! Have YOU been planning for your Challenge Day yet? Better be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails