Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chalkboard Cabinets

When I first bought my house, I painted the two inlaid panels of the "playroom (now my son's room)" with black chalkboard paint. I loved the idea of giving the kids a way to show their creativity while saving my walls.

Years down the road, I find my lonely can of chalkboard paint. My old dry-erase message board hit the dust about a year ago, and I've been dieing for something to put my never-ending lists on again. I have very little wall space in my kitchen (due to so many decorations), so I thought "why not inside the cabinet?"

This project only takes 10 minutes, but I will love it a lifetime. I love it so much, in fact, that I'm planning on doing it on the inside of all my kitchen cabinets!


Before----
After----

Some ideas of lists for your chalkboard cabinets:

1. Appointment reminders

2. Grocery lists

3. Shopping lists

4. Phone numbers

5. Birthdays or other yearly dates

6. Favorite recipes

7. Labels of the items that are supposed to go in that cabinet (great for when my husband puts away the clean dishes!)

8. Lock combonations for kids in school

9. Tune-up dates for vehicles (or milage of next tune-up)

10. Notes of endearment for anyone who reaches in <3

1 comment:

  1. We're doing the OUTSIDE of a couple of our kitchen cabinet doors in chalkboard soon! Adam's going to do all the cabinets black and then I'm going to add chalkboards to the front. I cannot wait to have a place to write lists or notes or just to draw on!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails