I made a great German chowder yesterday.
German Spud Chowder
-1 pkg bacon
-1 chopped onion
-3 carrots, chopped. Or half-bag of baby carrots, chopped
-3 stalks of celery, chopped. Or half of a head of cabbage, shredded
-1/4 cup flour
-7 beef bouillon cubes
-3 cups water
-3 cups milk
-6-10 potatoes (depends on the size of each potato) diced
1. In a large pot, begin boiling the water, milk, and cubes.
2. Chop up all the bacon into inch-long pieces or smaller. Fry this up really good.
3. Add in your chopped carrots, celery, diced potatoes, and chopped onion
4. Drain the fat from the bacon into a seperate bowl. Add the bacon to the pot.
5. Add the flour to the fat and stir until the flour is dissolved. Add this to the pot.
6. Season with salt and parsely (go nuts on the parsely)
7. Kick the heat down to low and let that cook for about an hour.