Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July, Patriotic Parfait

What a 4th of July party! Friends and family all gathered to celebrate our great nation's birthday. I learned that I NEED to get that patio finished soon (so many scraped knees from my baby), that if you give my friend enough beer, he'll do almost anything (besides being shot with Roman Candles), and that if you want people to leave your house because you are leaving, you need to ask them if they could lock up the house when they leave.




The decorations were beautiful. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of this momentus day (besides my friend's new "bald-man" look), but I did get to take some pictures today of some leftovers, like my vase with patriotic colors, and my potter (on my new kerosene lamp!) with pretty red flowers.

Anyways, I promised a recipe, so here it is. Sorry there's no picture. I forgot to take pictures and I ate the last one yesterday.

Patriotic Parfait

-----------------------

3 large tubs of vanilla yogurt (not sure of sizes)

1 tub of Cool Whip

Reddi whip

a bunch of sliced strawberries and blueberries

In a large bowl, combine the cool whip and the yogurt. Then layer your ingredients in a clear cup (I just used plastic). Yogurt, strawberries, yogurt, blueberries, yogurt, line slices of strawberries around the edge then stick a spoon in the top and spray a bunch of reddi whip on the top.

You can freeze this the night before. Take it out about 2 hours before your party.

I DO have pictues of my new how-to's, but I don't want you to get sensory overload. So here's the order of the next posts: room divider, trellis, updated patio, corner garden, bathroom remodel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails