Friday, June 26, 2009

Tammy's Old-Fashioned Carrot Cake


So late last night I recieved a recipe for a carrot cake. Here's a little backstory:

My step-dad works with this guy. The guy's wife cooks for the Wrigley's. As in the owners of Wrigley Field (or the gum, if you don't care about baseball). They own a cabin up north, and this woman does their cooking while they are at their cabin. She's absolutely amazing.


Tammy's Old-fashioned Carrot Cake
------------------------------------------
4 eggs
2 c sugar
3 c shredded carrots (I shred my own)
1 80z pkg cream cheese-softened
1 1/2 veg oil
2 c flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
10 oz crushed pineapple-drained (I use the stuff in heavy syrup for more flavor)
1 c chopped walnuts

In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, cream cheese, oil, and carrots. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a seperate bowl. Gradually add to carrot mixture. Beat in pineapple chunks and nuts. Pour into greased 9x13 pan (I used a spring-form pan so that I could frost the sides and display it). Bake 55-60 min at 350 degrees. Let cool and spread on frosting.


Frosting
-----------
1 80z pkg cream cheese-softened
1/4 c butter
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c powdered sugar

Mix it all up and spread it on your cake


***I also bought sliced pineapples for an embellishment on top. It's not in the recipe, but I love embellishments.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails