Monday, May 18, 2009

Bundt Cake

Busy day yesterday.
I had to work almost all day. I haven't been able to go to church every Sunday because of it, though. So after work, my husband went golfing with a friend, and I got a little bored. So I made a bundt cake!

Yellow Frosted Bundt Cake
----------------------------------
I had cake mix and frosting in the pantry, and ya know how they have the directions for different sized pans on the box? This one happened to also have cooking directions for the bundt form, so it inspired me to bust out the bundt pan.

Cake mix
(ingredients that your cake mix wants)
Frosting
Sprinkles

1. Preheat the oven to whatever. Spray all around the inside of the form. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CENTER THING!
2. Mix everything up according to the box and pour it in your form.
3. Bake it as long as directed (mine was around 40 minutes)
4. Let it cool. If you greased it properly, it should just fall out when you tip it over. Put it on a plate.
5. Heat up your frosting for 30 seconds (yes, the frosting says not to do this, but if it's more liquidy, then it will keep the form of the cake, and if I was going to make a bundt cake, I wanted it to look like a bundt cake)
6. Pour that all over the cake. You might have to keep spooning stuff off the bottom and putting it on bare spots.
7. Smother it with sprinkles. (my son's suggestion)
8. Pop it in the fridge to re-harden the frosting.
9. Display on a pretty cake plate! (I have a 3-way one from Younkers! A LivingQuarters brand. Pick one up!)

One of these days I'm going to do that from scratch, but I love to keep the boxed stuff around for those times when you just get off of a REALLY long day at work and don't feel like putting in all the extra work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails