Thursday, January 20, 2011

Master Bedroom Redo

I am finally showing you my master bedroom.

This should be the.....3rd?...time that I've redone the master bedroom since buying our house in 2006.

Yeah, I know, that's a lot, but it always takes me a few tries to get things "perfect."

So with all my junk stuff successfully stuffed into my husband's closet, all I had to do was give the room a quick mopping and iron the curtains, and I was all set!


I never took a "before" photo.
I'm sorry.

If you want a quick run-down of the flooring being put in, and a little sneak at what the walls used to look like, you can check it out in this post here.


Without further adoo (ado? adu?), here is the master bedroom:






Table lamps: LivingQuarters from Younkers.  (Sorry, there's no web link)



Wooden roman shades: Menards (sorry, no web link!)







I won this jewelry armoire last summer at an auction.
I have way too much jewelry, and I just donated half my collection.
Haha...


Mirror: Younkers (no web link, I found it on Yellow Dot, so it was super cheap!)



So what do you think?

My bedroom before had "noise" everywhere. I packed so much stuff into such a small space. I need to de-clutter my life.
This bedroom is so peaceful at night, and so cheery in the morning.

I love it.
=D



Of course, I will be adding a thing here or there.

My husband wants a chair in the room, so he can sit down and put his socks on.
Right now he does a funny little hop when he puts them on.
It amuses me, but he's not as amused.
Haha.

I'm thinking about putting this one from the Country Living line from Kmart in the corner by my new mirror:
It matches the new nightstands.
I'm in love with the upholstery nail trim.

(Ahem...I have a birthday coming up, Hubs!)


I also want to warm up the room a bit with some nice natural jute rugs.

I'm in love with this one from Pottery Barn:
Natural Diamond Jute Rug, 3 x 5

...but it also has a $49 price tag.
I would need two, and $100 is way out of my price range.


Target has about the same prices.


If anyone knows of a place that sells jute rugs in 3'x5' for about $30 or less, could you let me know?
I would appreciate it greatly!
WhisperWood Cottage



12 comments:

  1. Check out Menards for rugs...not the big rugs they have hanging up but usually back by the vinyl/linoleum flooring they have a bunch in on an end cap in a metal cage thing. We've gotten two living room rugs from there now (we go through them pretty quick because of dirty dog paws...Adam leaving his shoes on in the house, etc.) Anyway...they're like $30 for living room size and cheaper for smaller, so I bet you could find something you like there!!

    And your room looks AWESOME! It's similar in "feel" to what we're going for in our new bedroom...we're moving downstairs into the smallest bedroom...with our big bed, and Benji's crib so we're going clean and minimal. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikea has great, cheap rugs http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40086172

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks soo comfy! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bedding. Looks so cozy and fresh. Your room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful space! I love your bedding and bedside lamps! The color scheme is so fresh and calm! Beautiful! I'd check Ikea for rugs.

    Take care,
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there~ What a beautiful room you have- It is very serene soft and relaxing! Stopping by from SNS~ nice to meet you! Stop by and say hello sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So calm and serene! Lovely..except for the hubby hopping thing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your Master Bedroom...it looks so calm and peaceful. I absolutely love the bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your master room, looks so calm & relaxing! Check out World Market, I hear you can actually have them cut the length of jute you need. I believe YHL did it in their last house for their master bedroom. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, it's so serene! We are in the middle of our own master bedroom redo. :) And I love your name, too!

    Brittany
    www.dearesthome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing that blue & white jar peeking our from behind the chest of drawers. Very pretty.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails