Sunday, September 12, 2010

Concrete Bench

My mom rocks.
My mom is awesome.
My mom is gorgeous/talented/strong/handy/smart/insert adjective here.


My mom is my best friend.


She never lets me down....actually...she always pulls through for me.

I bring this up, because my mom scored this for me, for free!


Okay, this picture would look a lot better if I had pulled all the rampant weeds, pulled the mulch over the concrete footings, etc. but I was so excited to show you!

And no...that's not one of those cute little decorative garden benches! That's a full sized (heavier than heck) bench!

You can't find a concrete bench like this for less than $400!


We have finally stepped over "the threshold" for weather here in the U.P.  I really can't get a whole lot of building done any more, unfortunately. The days are usually in the low to mid 60s. Not great for painting.

:(

BUT...I want to show you what I'm envisioning for this cute bench.

Perhaps a cute arbor like this surrounding the bench:





Except it would also have a back panel on it. I love the white architecture!

And maybe I would plant some nice climbing roses to sprawl all over it!


Wouldn't that be lovely?


Did I mention yet that my mom rocks?



Anyways, if you love The Lettered Cottage, you'll love what I've got "cooking" for you coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails