Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beaten and Battered

Do you ever have those days when bad things happen over and over again?

Last night, I found out that my cordless drill has some killer torque. Instead of twisting the screw, it twisted my wrist.
My elbow felt like Jell-O.
My wrist made a terrible crunching noise.
It took me a moment to realize that, no, I did not break my wrist.

I shaved off a good deal of skin off my thumb.

I've hammered my thumb more times than need be.

My daughter clogged the bathroom sink with makeup wedges and flooded 3 rooms. I'm crossing my fingers that mold doesn't appear in my now soggy basement.

At one point I almost threw a hammer at my bookcases.
Count.
1....2....3...
Calm down...


My commitment has paid off, though.
The brute work of the bookcases is done.

I'm still installing the face trim, but that's easy-peasy.


My husband was a little worried about this project.
I have a habit of not writing up a detailed plan before I start.

My "blueprints" don't usually have any drawings on them. Just a ton of numbers/measurements for me to remember.
The drawings are in my head.

However, since a tutorial was requested by a reader, I did a few drawings and labeled some pieces.

I'll scan and post them on the final reveal!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails