Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Art for the Music Lover

I'm so glad to finally be done with the project.

I had this fun little space where 4 doors meet to make a square on the ceiling.


So I painted it a little darker and tried painting some music notes. Just in case you're wondering, these notes are from a Bryan Adams song, which is also "our song."

Well, as you can tell from the picture, it turned out horribly. Since it was dark, I couldn't tell that I really needed to give the brown one more coat. The notes were too large, and my hand was not steady enough to make it look good. Wow....what a disaster!!




So I had to redo it all. After sanding it down and putting a few more coats of brown paint on, I finally got what I wanted.

Take a look at this heart. Isn't it the cutest thing ever? I think it would make a great tattoo.....



Then I printed out the words "Everything I Do, I Do It For You," cut out around each word, taped them to the walls exactly where I wanted them, and traced around the letters. I had to press down very hard to make indents in the walls. Then I took the paper off and traced over the indents with a pencil. After that, all I had to do was fill it in with paint!



All this was done with a paint marker. You can find them in the craft section of Walmart, or any craft store. I knew that painting it with a brush was just going to make it look just as horrible as the notes came out.

Here's a panned-out shot of the project. If you look hard, you can see all three walls (the fourth wall has a smoke alarm on it, so I wasn't going to bother with that wall).









Want another sneak peak at the big project?






What is that?! Sort of looks like tuxedo stripes.....




Stick around for: a fun find for a family treasure, the reupholstered ottoman, some Magic Bullet recipes, and more sneak peaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails