Monday, September 14, 2009

Pizza Bagels, French Bread, Taco Dip

I wanted a chill night tonight. I had school, and my step-son's football game. By the time I was done, I really didn't want to make some crazy gourmet meal that I love doing so much.
I'm going to share the recipes that I made tonight. All can be done in minutes.

First off: Cop-Out Italian Dinner

Bagel Pizzas
--------------
-Bagels
-Pizza or spaghetti sauce
-mozzerella
-any other toppings or cheeses that you love

1. Turn your broiler on high
2. Grease up a pan and take apart your bagels (or slice if they aren't pre-sliced)
3. Place the bagels inside-up on the pan.
4. Spread on a layer of sauce on each bagel.
5. Scatter some toppings all over the tops.
6. Place under the broiler for 5-6 minutes.

Much cheaper than buying those mini bagel bites!

Cheap French Bread
-----------------------
-Bread
-Garlic powder
-Onion powder
-Garlic salt
-Parsely
-Butter

1. Turn your broiler on high
2. Butter each side of your bread and place on a pan.
3. Sprinkle all the toppings over the bread, going easy on the garlic salt.
4. Place under the broiler for 4-5 minutes.

This is great to go under the broiler with your Pizza Bagels!


So, tonight is Jay Leno's premier show. I've been waiting 3 months for this! So I wanted to make something yummy for my husband and me to eat as a snack. I had a craving for taco dip, but I've never made it before. WOW, is it the easiest thing to make! We switched the night from Italian to Mexican.

Taco Dip
-------------
-1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
-1 (16 oz) tub sour cream
-1 pkg taco seasoning
-toppings (I chose 2 roma tomatoes, about 3-4 cups of lettuce, and 6 black olives, sliced *on one half, my husband doesn't like olives***)

1. Soften the cream cheese in a microwace for 30 seconds
2. In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and taco dip. Blend well.
3. Spread this evenly onto a pan.
4. Prepare your toppings in a seperate bowl (chop the tomatoes, shred the lettuce, slice the olives).
5. Sprinkle the toppings over the top of the pan.
6. Chill for at least 30 min before serving so that the dip holds the toppings better.


Such good food for such an easy night.
Tomorrow's a big adjenda: bring out the table saw to work on a project I'm making for the Corner Bench, clean the house for my daughter's speech therapist, do some homework and studying for an exam at school, do the exam, come home and make another cop-out supper. =P

Stay tuned for pictures of what my solution is for the terrible space under the Corner Bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails