Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Magazine Rack

Here's a simple project to do if you have a spare 10 minutes.

I had gotten sick of my old magazine rack. I hate having to bend over for an hour just to be able to find the right magazine. If I hate it now, it's only going to get worse with age.

So then the thought pops in my head, "At doctors' offices, the racks are on the wall."


Genius.


So this is what I started with. I'm not in love with the color, but I don't hate it. And actually, I love how worn it is. I had originally painted this when I first moved into my old apartment, at 18!


So I set my table saw to the highest setting and carefully zipped it through, cutting it in half (but obviously a bit to the side to leave the middle separator intact).

I drilled two holes into the top, screwed it into the wall, made a bow to cover up the screws.



Much better.

That's a plant I had outside that I brought in for the winter, and to cover up the outlet. I love the bucket =)




So, I need some advice. Do I leave the legs of the rack on, or should I saw them off and try getting a paint match?











Anyways, I want to show you what I found in my basement.



You're not going to see this again for a while. It's part of a HUGE project that I will probably be doing a little at a time over the winter. You'll probably even forget about this silly little window. But you'll love it when it's done. Trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails