Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY Lipgloss

I'm not a lipstick wearing gal.

I've tried several times, but I always think I look silly wearing it.

But lipgloss....I can't go a day without it!

You can use your favorite lipstick colors for the base of a DIY lipgloss, giving you just a hint of the color.



For this project, you will need:
-An old Altoids tin
-Beeswax
-Vasoline
-Oil of essence (I used Spearmint)
-Lipstick


1. Cut the lipstick and the Beeswax into chunks about the size of a thumbnail and put in the Altoids tin.
2. Fill the rest of the tin with Vasoline
3. Add about 10 drops of the oil. I added a little more for a stronger scent.
4. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in your oven on the lowest temperature. Mine goes down to 175.
5. Wait until all of the wax and Vasoline is melted.
6. Take it out carefully and stir it to get the color and flavor evenly distributed.
7. Let cool overnight.







I found this idea at this website:

But I found that the recipe wasn't the greatest. It made the lipgloss WAY too hard.
So the recipe above is my own little concoction, after a few attempts.
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails