Friday, August 19, 2011

DON'T Remove Your Shoes

I love looking at everyone's creative ideas out in the world.
That's why I love Blogger so much.
Tons of ideas.

I ran across a blog post at Tip Junkie today about funny/quaint ways to ask guests to remove their shoes at the door.

There are a lot of neat ideas!
all crafts Remove The Shoes! {10 Creative Signs For Guests}


all crafts Remove The Shoes! {10 Creative Signs For Guests}

I do understand the reason people don't want shoes in their house. Shoes track in tons of dirt.

I get it.
I do.


But I want my house to be different.
I've ripped up every scrap of carpet in my house for ease of cleaning.
I choose easy-wash fabrics on my furniture.

My house is washable.
My house is livable.



I want guests to feel comfortable.
Don't want to release your smelly dogs?
Good, I don't really want to smell them either.



I guess what I'm trying to get at, is worry less about the mess, and more about the good times you should be having.



If you're ever at my house, feel free to keep your shoes on.
I don't own any coasters for a reason.
My coffee table can double as an ottoman. Kick your feet up!
Curl up on my couch.
Go ahead and sit on my countertops. I do all the time.



Make. yourself. comfortable!



2 comments:

  1. i like this. we are shoe wearing folks here too, mostly because i hate feeling crumbs on my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Personally I make my husband and kids take their shoes off but guests...not so much. If they want to because it makes them feel more comfy? Sure why not.

    ReplyDelete

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails