Sunday, October 31, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Nothing says "Halloween" to me more than the smell of pumpkin seeds roasting in the oven.

My fondest memories with my dad was gutting pumpkins and saving the seeds to eat.
He did a lot of special things like that.

Now I have passed that tradition onto my children.

Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

-raw pumpkin seeds
-few drizzles of olive oil
-few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
-a dash of salt

Mix everything together. Spread a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Put in the oven at 275 degrees for about an hour.
I used roughly 2 1/2 cups of seeds. The more seeds you have, you will need to add a bit more of the other stuff. I can't give you exact amounts, I just throw everything in there!

My kids were eating these by the handful!

It's such a nutritious treat, especially after a day scarfing down candy.
;)


Happy Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails