I don't decorate for the seasons much.
I'll throw Christmas decor up a week before Christmas and take it down the day afterward.
...oh how I love Fall.
Here's a few more Fall-themed projects to do with your kids.
1. Cut out a circle in some orange felt.
2. Punch holes around the perimeter of the circle with a paper punch.
3. Weave some green ribbon through the holes.
4. Pull slightly on the ribbon until the felt makes a bowl shape.
5. Stuff the bowl with cotton.
6. Pull the ribbon tight and tie off.
This one's pretty self-explanatory.
Just paint a pumpkin (or a mini-gourd, like we did).
My daughter chose purple.
This one is probably best for school-age children that are able to follow directions better......
Anyways, just trace your child's hand (you can use brown construction paper and cut it out like we did on the right).
Make Autumn leaves by either gluing on fake leaves, or using finger paint to paint them on.
Posts that I'm dreaming up for the future:
-A peek at some woodworking I've been doing (but won't be able to show you until after Christmas!)
-My Fall "mantle"
-A spinach recipe the kids will love!
-A 10-in-10 recap