Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 22: Take a Multivitamin Every Day

Day late, dollar short.....come on, Brittany, get with the program!
I'm not a pill person. Heck, I rarely even take aspirin. Then again, I'm one of the lucky few who almost never (knock on wood...) gets headaches.

I do, however, take a multivitamin every day. I used to try iron pills (I have low iron, hence the crazy amounts of coffee), but they taste terrible, they are way too large, and I don't like them.

Though I try to eat healthy, I know that it's tough to get all the recommended servings! Taking a multivitamin will ensure that you don't rob your body, even if you don't have the best diet ;)

I like this one from Walgreens:


If you're over 50, you could try this one:

Though I'm not a fan of the "No Iron." I know that sometimes people reaching that age have higher rates of constipation, they still need iron. Eating healthy can reduce constipation.

Anyways, when in doubt, go with a favorite:


Though I don't think that I have any male readers, all of these multivitamins come in "men" form also! If you don't feel like buying separate ones for you and your spouse, there are regular multivitamins, too!

Do you have a favorite multivitamin that you take? Tell me why and you could be entered in a drawing for my giveaway!





1 comment:

  1. Hey one that I already do! lol. I always take a multivitamin in the morning and used to take a calcium supplement as well - must get more! For a multivitamin I typically go with One A Day, but have been known to go with a store brand version of it if a sale is right. As for calcium (I had a milk allergy as a child and so have always had it drilled into mem to get more calcium) I take calcium citrate w/ vitamin D for absorption. I can't recall the brand and I can't check as I'm currently out. Oops. But supposedly it is better utilized by the body compared to calcium carbonate.

    ReplyDelete

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails