Day 2: Whole Grains
The simplest health choice to make is often the one that gets ignored: switching from refined carbs to whole grain.
Let me break it down for you:
-White rice, bread, and pasta is only 1 step away from turning to sugar in your body. Your body literally breaks it into sugar.
(which means that instead of having a spaghetti dinner, you could have just had sugar cookies topped with sauce. yuck)
-carbs aren't bad for you. DO NOT go on a no/low carb diet. Your body needs it as fuel.
-whole grains are digested slower. (and your body knows it's carbs, not sugar)
1. Get whole grain bread. Don't complain about the taste. You're only whining because you have a sweet tooth for the white (sugar) stuff.
1. Whole grains help prevent Type 2 diabetes, an autoimmune disease that is almost COMPLETELY preventable! If you have (or have a high risk of) diabetes, not switching to whole grains is dumb. Simple as that.
2. Reduces constipation. (excellent source of fiber!)
3. Helps maintain a healthy weight.
4. Reduces the risk of coronary heart disease.