Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 10: Donate


Day 10: Donate
-------------------
I can't stress about donations enough. My favorite: our local animal shelter (I like to bring all the pups Christmas presents every year, hehe).

Instead of saving all your old junk for a garage sale, just donate it.  You can write it off for your taxes later.  Just make sure you get a receipt of your donation incase you get audited!

My husband and I don't have garage sales anymore.  We both hate junk collecting at our house for an entire year. We need the space.

Anyways, the reason I bring this up is because the BonTon stores (Younkers, Herbergers, Boston Store, Carson Pirie, Elder Beerman...) are having their Goodwill Sale today! It happens only twice a year. It's BY FAR our best sale! (I get pretty darn excited when it comes...)

Reasons to donate to a BonTon store today:
1. Everything goes to Goodwill (of course)
2. Today is Double Coupon Day. Bring in one item, we give you two coupons
3. We take off ALL EXCLUSIONS (excepts Yellow Dot, hehe) That means Tech Trek (gps, digital photo frames...) Levi, Columbia, cosmetics, and fragrances.


I hope this gives everyone the push to do some Spring Cleaning and donate!




3 comments:

  1. The hubs and I have gathered up at least 10 bags of stuff to give away. It's so freeing to get that stuff out of our house and help someone at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Kelly! It really does feel nice to have a clutter-free house again, hey? We're making a few donation trips today as well. I'm doing a little Pre-spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but we ALWAYS have a bag of clothes waiting to be dropped off at goodwill! Apparently we buy too many clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails