Something cool is coming tomorrow. My first ever demo project! Come back around for that!
But for tonight....
-crust (click here for my pasty crust recipe)
-8 ounces cream cheese
-1/4 cup chopped FRESH cilantro
-1/4 cup salsa
-quite a few shakes of ground cumin (you'll learn that I hate measuring)
-a dash of salt
-bit of garlic powder
-2 large boneless chicken breasts, shredded in a food processor
1. Make your crust dough. You can shortcut this by buying premade pie crust, but that's no fun ;)
2. Heat the cream cheese in a saucepan over LOW heat until melted. Add your cilantro, salt, garlic powder, and chicken. Stir it well, then remove from the heat.
3. Roll out your dough, then use a really large cup (margarita glass, anyone?) to make circles in the dough. Take the circles out, lay aside, then re-roll the remaining dough and repeat the process until all the dough is gone.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil. Place roughly 2 tsp of the chicken mixture on a round, placing it slightly to one side. Brush the edges of your round with water (this will help the dough to close). Pull one side of dough over the filling to form a half circle. Pinch to close.
5. Place the empanadas onto your prepared baking sheet. Brush lightly with the beated eggs. Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve with salso or sour cream (guacamole? ew!)