Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Beaded Icicles and Snowflakes

Sorry I've been gone lately. My new reveal has been consuming me. I wanted to get it done by this Saturday, for "The 6th Annual Festival of Lights," but I don't think I'm going to hit that mark. BUT it WILL be done for Christmas! lol
Anyways, I did a couple more ornaments. These are really fun to do with your kids.
Beaded Icicles
-----------------
-Clear beads
-Crafting wire
-Wire snips
Directions
-----------
Cut off a length of wire. Make a very small loop at one end. Start piling on your beads. Make a large loop at the other end. Done. =D
It may not look like much, but with tons of these on your tree, it really makes everything sparkle!
I also made one more
Beaded Snowflake
--------------------
Basically the same as above. Make a bunch of icicles of varying lengths and twist all the ends together. I ended up looping the large icicles for more of a "bow" effect that I liked much better.
Sorry for all the fake tree shots. We are getting our Christmas tree on Thursday, so I've been using my fakey tabletop tree to display my handmade ornaments temporarily.
Anyways, I need to get some sneak peeks up from my reveal yet, don't I? Soon, soon.
But coming up:
-Highlights of the Festival of Lights
-Christmas recipes
-A dressed table
-some awesome deals that I might be getting off Craigslist
-some more Christmas decor and ornament how-to's
-sneak peeks on the reveal
-more ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails