Friday, October 23, 2009

Photoshopped Staircase

I finally got the faces of my staircase painted. After touching up some of the white that came off with the painter's tape, hiding some scratches in the stained wood with a stain pen (darn dog), I finally got it done.


Here's what it looked like before:


And here's what it looks like now:




I got some great advice from Jenn at Motocross Momma and from Roeshel at The DIY Show Off about adding numbers to the stairs.
Here's what it would look like if I did it:
I love Photoshop, it helps me visualize! Anyways, do you like it?
My options are:

House Numbers--a bit pricey, but would add even more character.
OR
Stencils--the cheap route, since I already have stencils and paint, but sacrifice on quality.


What should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!


Anyways , this is what the walls look like above this staircase. I liked this years ago, but I'm starting to think that it looks too cluttered. So I'm thinking about making some black floating shelves, put some pictures and nick knacks on the shelves.
What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. LOVE how the numbers look!!!!! I would paint 'em...but that's just me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These stairs are FABULOUS!! I adore them already & you've just begun!! Can't wait to see what you decide to go with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the numbers would look awesome, but I'd be so OCD counting everytime I walked up and down...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails