Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

Made cookies, muffins, and jerky yesterday! Home-improvements included a patio under my bench and a walkway going to the hose. All cement/bricks came from a pile in the lot next to my house.
An old lady lived in a house next door. The building should have been condemned, but the city felt too bad to kick an old lady out of her house. But once she died and the estate was settled, the next owners plowed it down. All that remains is a cute little pile of rubble that the newest neighbors graciously let me dig through (hoping that I get rid of all of it for them!)
So......I was ON A ROLL yesterday! I accomplished sooooo much! Unfortunately, all the work zapped my energy today. All I did today was start a Junior Savings account for my step-son. He's in desperate need of one. The two little ones unfortunately have WAY more money than he does, since I make weekly deposits into the accounts. So now he has one! Yay!

Anyways, enough of my babble. I want to enjoy this lovely storm coming through. Here's the Peanut Butter Cookie recipe I made last night (scratch....duh!)

Peanut Butter Cookies
---------------------------
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Peanuts or chocolate chips (or both!)

1. preheat oven to 350
2. blend everything together. you don't really need to worry about mixing the liquids seperately from the solids, but you can if it makes you feel better.
3. Drop spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet
4. Bake 12-14 minutes. Let cool

Super-yummy! I usually make two batches of these. We love cookies in this family!

Anyways, I will maybe post pics of the patio and walkway that I made soon. We'll see. Maybe I'll do a short How-To. We'll see =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails