Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Framed Map Wall Art




With life being so busy right now, it's terribly hard to roll out projects.

That's why I love quick, simple ones like the one I'm about to show you.




Before I remodeled my living room, there was a large 18x34 collage above the piano. 



I'm starting to fall out of love with pictures in my house.
All my pictures are being retired to photo albums.
I guess it's driving me a little batty that all the photos are from when the kids were younger.
I'm too lazy to keep changing them out.

Anyone else have this same issue?

So I accessed the local library's photo archives and found some maps of my city from 1895. 

One side is a picture of downtown, because I loved the old Gothic lettering on it.
Then I got a zoomed-in map of my neighborhood.



Everything's a bit off-center right now.

The frame is too high (this is where it was prior to the board and batten, so it drives me crazy that it's not an equal distance from the ceiling to the board and batten.)

The frame is centered to the window and the corner of the room, but since the wooden toy box is better placed further from the entertainment center...it looks funny not being centered under the frame.

So I'm moving the frame down and to the right, but to make up for the fact that it's not centered from the window to the corner, I want to add this candle holder from Pottery Barn.


It's one of the most unique things I've ever seen. 

I.....need....it.

Mother's Day is this Sunday. Maybe the hubs will order it for me.
;)


1 comment:

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails