Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yummy Pinecone Treats

Squirrels have a bad rap. I don't care, I think they are adorable.
I had this cutie pie hoarding my walnuts for the winter:
I was reminded that I needed to do a homework project with my son that involved helping these little guys get through the winter.


Yummy Pinecone Treats
---------------------------

Supplies
-----------
-pinecone
-twine
-peanut butter (I used chunky for more nuts!)
-seeds (I had sunflower seeds leftover from the summer. They love them!)


Directions
-------------
-Tie a piece of twine around the top of the pinecone, trying to get under all the little "petals"
2. Spread some peanut butter all over the pinecone.
3. Roll your pinecone in your seeds, trying to coat it as well as possible.

4. Hang it up!



Also, check out this yummy wreath for your furry and feathered friends. Of course, you need to live in a place where it's freezing. (Yup, I definitely do!). For instructions on how to make this for your own yard, click on the picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails